Speed up your development with the Zend Framework!
The Zend Framework is a web application framework designed to make building complex PHP based web applications easier.
The Zend Framework contains a series of components (built using PHP 5) that manages many common task in web application development:
- Zend_Form: to make form handling/processing easier.
- Zend_Mail: makes email functionality trivial to create in PHP.
- Zend_Db_Adapter: to connect to databases.
- Zend_Pdf: allows you to easily create and edit PDF documents.
... And this is just a small sampling.
Web application frameworks like the Zend Framework provide a few key advantages:
- The code is well tested and optimized - less chance of bugs.
- Frameworks provide a standardized way of doing things, so people new to a project, can easily jump in without having to learn a whole new architecture.
- A grab-bag of pre-made components really speeds up the development process.
As such, I think it makes real sense to learn the Zend Framework.
Zend Framework Video Tutorials
Zend Framework Video TutorialsZend Framework Video Tutorials
In our continued aim to make your life as a php nerd easier, we are slowly compiling a collection of video tutorials on the various components of the Zend Framework.
Just post them on the PHP forum.
You can learn more about Zend at our buddy's site:
Much more to come ...