Should you learn PHP in 2017?
February 16, 2017
Let’s get straight to the basic answer: yes!
PHP is the most popular server-side programming language used today. Something like 30% of the world’s websites are powered by PHP! That’s an amazing stat! But how did it happen?
Why PHP is still so popular?
It comes down to a few things:
- PHP has always been easy to get started with.
- WordPress is so widely used by small business and WordPress is created with PHP.
- Joomla and Drupal are also very popular CMS’, and they too are created with PHP.
… Between WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, you have a huge marketplace of small business owners that need PHP developers/coders who can manage their sites.
How about outside of working WordPress, Joomla and Drupal?
Like all programming languages, you have to understand where PHP is used, and what type of jobs PHP will get you. Here are some of the places:
- For freelancers, it’s a big yes!
- For small business owners who are looking for a web programming language that will allow you to get an app up and running quickly, again … another big yes!
- For WordPress professionals: yes!
- For aspiring developers who want to work for Microsoft … no.
It’s all in my video!
To make it easy, I created a video that answers these questions and more:
Thanks for reading!